Friday, June 12, 2009

Week Is Progressing

Things are going well on the training front. I'm targeting 10K for swimming, 200+ miles on the bike and 15 miles running. I'm really not sure why but I've been really sore while riding and can't seem to pick up any high-end speed. Wednesday, I did three tempo intevals up Tramway, which were 15 minutes each. Yesterday I rode easy and spun my legs for an hour-and-a-half. This morning I got up and rode 30 miles on an extra-extended commute to work. By the time I got to work I was tired and hungry. I don't usually eat before I workout in the mornings, so I was in need of something when I got to my office. During the entire ride this morning, I felt like I was dragging. It was all I could do to hold 20MPH.

On another note, I've decided I'm not going to swim Masters on Friday mornings. Saturday Masters tend to be longer distance swims, and I don't want to show up tired. Because the number of swimmers showing up on Saturday is much less, you generally don't have to swim more than 2 to a lane. So rather than swimming circles, you can split the lane. I'm going to do my own workout tomorrow: 400 warm up, 2000 pull, and 15X100 @ 1:50, 600 warm down. Afterwards, I'm going to ride with a guy that swims in my lane. I'd like to ride 4.5 hours.

2 weeks from this weekend I have my first half-ironman of the season: Buffalo Springs. Because of prior injuries, I'm not at my top end. So, I'm going to train through the race hoping to peak (again) later for Lake Stevens or another event. It would be great to qualify for Clearwater. We'll see.

No comments: