Friday, April 10, 2009

Rest Week Activity

It's been fairly low key this week. It's amazing how much better I swim with a little rest. I guess I've officially taken the title of "lane leader". Some people just got tired of me swimming up on their legs. I figure now that I'm getting closer to my races, I need to start pushing the intensity. So, leading the lane will help with that.

I did the fingers with the team on Wednesday and really suffered. I can't climb worth beans right now. Running and bike climbing don't go together. It was good to ride with people though rather than going solo. Sometimes I need that human interaction.

Last night I ran 8.5 miles on the treadmill in 1:15. I felt pretty good. Based on the run training program I'm following, that's my "easy" pace. This is the longest run I've done this year. I'm trying to give myself plenty of build time. Ideally, I'd like to be able to do a 1.5 hour run each week.

Tomorrow I'm entering the three oldest kids in a mini-kid triathlon. They've been fairly excited aboout it. Elise has been fickle. When I first told her about it, she said she didn't want to do it. Now that it's the day before, she wants to do it.

Next week I have my first scheduled race; it's a duathlon that's a 10k run, 40k bike, and a 5k run. It's in Los Alamos, which is high attitude. The bike portion has lots of climbing. I've never done a duathlon and don't have any expectations. I figure it'll be a good building race for June.

No comments: