Monday, March 2, 2009

Who Doesn't Love Cup 'O Noodles?

This week is finally over, and, at last tally, I shared 4 individual packages of Cup O' Noodles with my kids. After a workout, Elise, my oldest, would make me a cup of Cup 'O Noodles (CON) and we'd hang out and talk. I remember as a kid liking the CON, but somewhere along the way I forgot about the CON. I'm really liking them now. It's also fun sitting around with the kids shooting the breeze. Yesterday, we went to the park, played a little catch and swung on the swings. My oldest daughter kept calling her baseball mit and mitten. I was just tired enough that it struck me really funny. She's really prim and proper. She spends 90% of her time reading, so she's very literal. In her mind, calling a baseball mit a mitten was perfectly logical. Everytime she'd say it, I'd laugh my head off. This would vex her to no end.

The other thing that made me laugh was teaching her how to throw a ball. She has the hardest time throwing a ball. Whenever I tell her not to think about it and just throw it, she throws great. When she thinks about the right way to throw a ball, the ball ends up where it shouldn't be. She's so intellegent, which in the case of a basic throw, is detrimental. I can see her mind thinking as she's trying to figure out why she's not throwing the ball far or accuratley, and the throw ends up worse and worse. It's a strange slippery slope.

Finally, when the week's training clock came to an end, I logged 22 hours. That amounts to a lot of swimming (14K yards), biking (225 miles), and and improving amount of running (13.5 miles). That said, I'm exhausted. I don't know how I'm going to make it through this last week. Maybe I'll just curl up under a rock and call it a season.

I'm just rambling!

No comments: