Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Coming Around

After the double ear ache/infection set back, I was able to get it back a little bit. I wrangled up 14 hours of training; all bike and running. I'm now getting back to the running pace I was at, which feels great. I really have to listen to my body though and not over do it. Other wise, I'll be back to square one.

The ear infections are nearly gone. I still have a bit of ringing in my ears and my hearing is at 70%. I can't hear wispers or low tones and high frequency noises turn into a single irritating vibration. This should go away in a couple of weeks.

I did swim yesterday morning. We swam 3,500 yards. They turned the heater off in the pool and the temp was in the low 70s. Everyone was reluctant to get in. I jumped in and it felt really good. I don't know if its the infection that making my body temp a bit higher but the cooler water temp felt really good. I've also noticed that when I'm on the bike, and it's cold outside, it feels really good.

Yesterday after swimming, I rode my bike to work. When I checked the outside temp, it was already 48 degrees at 7AM. When I rode home, it was almost 70 degrees. Is it possible winter is nearly over? Day light savings is in two weeks. Have I weathered another winter? Albuquerque is a big tease. It will generally warm up for a bit...just like it's doing now. Then, just when you get used to it, a really cold front comes in and makes you think it's going to be a long winter. At any rate, I'll take all the good weather I can get.

No comments: