Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Last Day of 2008

I've finally gotten back into the swing of training again. This morning at Masters, we swam 3,800 yards, which included 1600 yards of kicking drills. For all my cycling strength, I'm so slow at kicking. I was getting lapped.

A couple of days ago, I was able to run for 10 minutes on the treadmill. That was as long as I could tolerate before I started noticing some pain. I directly switched to the eliptical afterwards. I don't want to rush things and hurt myself again. I'll try to run for another 10 minutes again today. I can't wait until I can run without a care again.

Tomorrow is the annual Resolution Ride in which a handful of brave souls meet and ride >100 miles. Last year was miserably cold; the temps were in the 20s all day. This year it's looking to be nearly twice that. Winter riding is such a beast. You start out bundled up with everything you have, and, as the temps rise, you start to over heat and sweat; you start to shed layers. The quandry is you don't really have many places to stowe your layers; it's all got to be on your person. At the same time, you have to stowe food, your phone, your wallet, and any other extras. So, shedding layers isn't as easy as it sounds.

I just found out my wife is hosting a New Year's Eve party at house this year. Is it rude for one of the co-hosts to beg off and go to bed early? Maybe we can make it a New York New Year's Eve.

Happy New Years!

No comments: