Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Day Swim

I left work and headed to my precinct to cast my ballot. Sure, the thought of blowing it off crept into my mind, but I just couldn't ignore the sacrifice that so many had made for me to have the freedom to cast a ballot. I couldn't blow off the principles that this country were established upon. I have a Chinese co-worker whose husband has just become a US citizen. Her excitement to get home to go with her husband and cast his first ballot was so electrifying. I couldn't take that for granted. I didn't blow of my vote.

After voting, I went to the pool and swam 2,500 meters straight without stopping. That's alot of alone time to think about things. I thought about the election, all the events that led up to the election, and my votes. I reflected on the issues that mattered to the election's outcome, the ones that shouldn't have mattered (but did), and the ones that should have mattered.

After the swim, I went home, had dinner with the family. Tanya made a great steak and pasta dinner. After dinner, I turned on the TV to get caught up on the latest with respect to the elections. They had just called the election for Obama and the cameras were filming Referend Jesse Jackson bawling like a baby. I didn't throw up a little bit in my mouth, but a lot! The cameras were also filming Oprah Winfrey and multiple other celebrities caught up in the Obama victory. Dammit! It was such a good dinner too. It all came out.

I promptly turned the TV off an went to bed. That's all I'm going to say about that.
Except, I guess I can expect to see some CHANGE that will bring me some HOPE. This should be a challenging task from a senator who didn't even finish his first term. Maybe I'm just too jaded to know it'll be More Of The Same.

1 comment:

Silvio said...

Fricking Replubiken!!