Monday, November 17, 2008

Almost Time!

The closer I get to the event, the more of a reality it becomes. I find myself growing more pensive. I keep catching myself saying, "I can't believe I'm going to do this!" or "Gosh, what was I thinking?!" At any rate, we leave 6AM Friday morning to pick up my race packet later that day. I've called the officials at Tempe Park Lake and the water temp is 65 degrees, which is much warmer than Boise (56 degrees). Today the weather in Phoenix is 84 degrees with a projected 77-78 degrees on Sunday. That's much warmer than Albuquerque this time of year, which will be a bit of shock to the system.

If you feel so inclined to follow me during the race, my bib number is 766. You can log into the Ironman.com website and go to the link for Ironman Arizona. There you'll find an athlete tracker. Just drop my bib number in there, and you'll be good to see my times for each event.

This last week was my last to get in any quality workouts. I ended up with 12 hours split between swimming and biking. As I rode around the city on Saturday morning, I couldn't help but be jeolous of the people out running. I want to be running or at least have the knowledge that I can be running without any fear of a nagging injury.

Part of me wants to treat this like a race and really push it. The other part of me wants to go at a pace that will ensure I finish and not be concerned with my final time. We'll see. Honestly, I'm just petrified and uncertain as to the reality of this new adventure. Again, what was I thinking?!

4 comments:

Silvio said...

I will be following you bicha!! Good luck and lets leave everything out there!!!

Shannon said...

I'm sure you'll do great!

Scotterbot said...

Good luck. Hope you do well and suffer in a good way.

Lisa said...

Hey! I just wanted to say good luck and we'll be keeping up with you somehow. Sure wish we could go cheer you on!