Thursday, October 16, 2008

Dusting Off the Lights

Last night after work, in the spirit of trying to log 300 miles on the bike this week, I did my 3 hour Troy Jacobson training video. Yes, that means I did 3 hours on the trainer in the garage--the day after doing nearly 2 hours on the trainer. I guess there's a reality that working folks need to embrace: not all training is going to take place during daylight. So, you adapt and work with your constraints to meet your goals. I don't mind riding the trainer--as long as I have a specific workout.

Back to the 3 hour trainer ride: I play a game with myself every time I do it. I tell myself I'll only do 2 hours and see how I feel. After 2 hours, I tell myself I only have an hour to go; I might as well stick it out. Once the full 3 hours are over, I scratch my head amazed that I just did the whole thing. Much like eating an entire package of cookies, which I do weekly. Darn you Tanya and your poor shopping choices!

When the video was over, it was about 9:30. I realized I was about 40 miles shy of what I needed before this weekend to make 300. So, I decided I should commute to work to pick up the rest of the miles. Now that the mornings are fairly dark, I realized it makes sense to dust off the bike lights and put them on the commuter bike. Additionally, I never know how late I'll work, and I don't think it's cool to have my wife come pick me up with all the kids late at night. So I spent the next hour putting on my bike lights and finding my battery charger. By the time I was done with that and packing my clothes for the next day, it was 11:20.

I can't decide whether to wear a black latex body suit or a flesh body stocking for the IronMan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you would feel more comfortable in the flesh colored body stocking. Just watch out for slower unsuspecting backstrokers on the swim.