Monday, September 15, 2008

Crazy Week

As you're already aware, I took a week off of the blog last week. I took another job within the company and the transition has been hectic. My last day in this department is the 24th of September. Yes, there's a lot of hurt feelings and closed door meetings. Life goes on though.

Many people have told me it's not a good idea to write about the work place...co-workers or bosses may run across the blog and get worked up. It may lead to hard ship or loss of a job. It's probably a smart thing to do.

Since I missed a week, I wasn't able to give last week's summary workout. If you recall, last week was a recovery week so I try to keep the time to no longer than 10 hours. Coming into the weekend, I only had 3.5 hours--I was really recovering. So, Saturday, I did a mini-triathlon primer just to get a sense where I stood fitness-wise. The morning started at 9:00 am with a 2,000 meter time trial swim, followed-up with an 80 mile bike ride, and finally I jumped on the treadmill and ran 8 miles in an hour. I really want to work on my running speed after the bike, so I'm trying to push really hard right after a long run. The entire day was roughly 6 hours long. With that workout I was able to spend all day Sunday resting, which was nice.

Last week was the first week of my next training block. I was able to put in 16.25 hours. I swam 4 hours and 12,303 yards, rode my bike 8 hours and 138 miles, I ran 4.25 hours and 30 miles. On Tuesday, I got a little post-nasal drip thing going. Nothing that would stop me from pushing through. I took my decongestant and kept working out. By Saturday night, I was really feeling it and the post-nasal drip grew to a minor sinus infection. Sunday morning, I swam 2500 meters before church and had the intention of riding a couple of hours after church, but I was too wiped out. After church I went to bed, waking up intermittently until the next morning. I slept 15 hours. It looks like I'll probably go to the doctor and get some anti-biotics. I don't mind, as long as I can continue working out. I only have 63 days until the big day. That's really quick.

I tell you, after sleeping for long durations of time (>10 hours) I feel so weird like I'm in a tunnel. It'll take the whole day to recover from my sleep.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Good luck with the new position. I hope it's an improvement for you.