Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Santa Fe Century Pic



This picture is taken at mile 85 at the beginning of the final climb back to Santa Fe. I wouldn't be honest if I said I held the aero position the whole rest of the way. I had to stand up a bit. Up until that point, I spent 95% of my time in the aero postition. I had to come out a bit climbing out of Madrid and Heart Break Hill, of course.

I took Monday off after the century to recover a bit. I didn't realize how much it took out of me. Tuesday I did yoga at lunch then I swam in the evening. I did 4000 yards with a 10X100 @ 1:50. I'm not sure if it was because I gave myself 3 days of rest, but I was flying during my intervals. I was finishing each 100 10-20 seconds faster than I have in the past. I kept looking at the clock to see if it was slow.

I'm bringing down the volume for Boise. My legs are starting to get the high-energy feeling; I got the jimmy-leg!

My rear wheel is coming in the mail in the next couple of days. I got a Hed deep dish (90MM) clincher. I just can't bring myself to ride tubulars for the event. I need to build my confidence in changing tubulars before I ride the 404s.

My calf is feeling much better, but I don't dare run for fear of aggrevating it so close to go time.

No comments: