Thursday, April 17, 2008

Running Intervals - Ouch!



Tuesday I did my first every running interval; I did it on the treadmill. This was very painful. Basically, you warm up at your regular run pace (7mph on the treadmill) for 15 minutes then you run 400 meters at your race pace (The treadmill only went to 10 MPH--I was supposed to do 11 but I'm not sure I can do that) followed by another 400 meters at regular run pace: repeat 8 times. As you can see the eight spikes, I finished the workout as planned but that's not to say I didn't want to lose my cookies danny-boy style.


As I was doing this workout, there was a yoga class going on. The noise made it hard for them to have a meaningful chabasana (sp?) --5 minute post yoga nap at end of class.

1 comment:

Daniel said...

Shoot, you laugh. But one day, once you've gone hard enough, you will toss some cookies - dannyboy style. If you're lucky enough. Punk!