Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Feeling Better

Well after last week with an upset gut and being overly tired, I'm starting to feel much better now. Knock on wood...this is my third week of the training block, which is my longest. I'm shooting for 22 hours. I've got a bit of a left calf issue that's making me a bit tentative about running. Last night I rode the fingers really mellow with a team mate. It was nice to just ride for fun and not be pushing for some specific goal. I've also found that riding off-sets any running induced injuries.

My heart rate has been really weird lately. Last night at the end of the ride, I was cruising back to where I parked for a 5 mile stretch and I was traveling at about 21MPH with no tailwind or downhill and my heart rate was 105. This is the second time a similar instance happended to me. The first time was last Saturday when I was riding with my bro, Kyler. Maybe it's all this base intesity training? I don't know.

I've been looking more seriously at houses in the past week. Not sure whether to go with something new or something in an established neighborhood that may need a bit of fixing up. I have ruled out certain neighborhoods though and found others that have a different appeal.

Work has mellowed out again, which is nice. I need to clean up my office; it looks like a recycle bin.

Today is the beginning of the Gila, which I, obviously, am not doing. I love this race. But, it doesn't make any sense to go if my climbing legs are not around. Oh well, it's been fun mixing it up running and swimming.

No comments: