Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Training Toll

I took Monday off for rest. Tuesday, I got up early and swam for 1.5 hours (4050 yards). Went to work. I ran 7 miles at lunch. After work, I rode the fingers ride with some teammates. I wasn't sure how my legs would be with the training last week and the running earlier in the day. But, they were fairly good (7.5 out of 10 scale). I was surprised. That ended up being a 31 mile ride for a little bit over 2 hours. I was bushed when I got home. I ate 8 tacos from Taco Bell for dinner. My plans were to do the same the next day, so it took nearly an hour to pack for the next day. I was in bed by 10:00.

I'm really getting mentally tired from all this training. I think after this block, I'm going to start to taper the hours a bit. Unfortunately the body can't sustain a tremendous work load for too long or you begin to shut down--one way or another. I haven't ever really gotten to this point, but I'm beginning to see the early warning signs now (i.e. disinterest in important things, hard to sleep, raised resting heart rate, lack of ability to mentally focus). I'm getting the feeling that things are about to change at work for me in terms of responsibilities. I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing?!?!

I need to go, I have some running to do.

No comments: