Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sunday and the Week's Wrap Up

I woke up a bit sore. I slept until 8:00 AM and it felt good. We went to church.

Afterwards, I worked with the kids to clean the house while Tanya took a nap. Once the house was clean, I went and did my work out for the day.

Today was another brick workout. I swam 4,000 yards at Del Norte and immediately changed into my running clothes and ran 3 laps around the Academy. For anyone who wants to know the distance, it's 3.4 miles per lap. I, ultimately, ran 10.2 miles. This was my first long run since the marathon. I felt slow. To my excuse, there was lots of wind, and each loop had quite a bit of elevation gain--of course, there's a descent on the other side of the loop. My time was 1:30 for the run. This is roughly a 8:49/mile pace. As you can tell, I have some work to do. It was really hard transitioning from swimming to running.

Yesterday was the half-Ironman in Carlsbad, CA. The top men's time was 3:58. He ran the half marathon in 1:14. He swam in the 1.2 miles in 22 minutes. That's blazing!

After my work, I hung out with the kids and played games with them. Tanya took off to get ready for her Aerobics presentation. I had dinner with the kids then put them to bed. Spring break is officially over.

Week's Summary: 16:47 hours
Swim time: 5.5 hours/15,000 yards
Run time: 3.2 hours/22 miles
Bike time: 7.8 hours/154 miles

No comments: