Monday, February 11, 2008

Sunday-Blow the Whistle and Partake in the Good Life!


Sunday's my day to sleep in. I slept until 8:00 AM up until the very last minute necessary to get ready for church. After church, I forced myself to finish the very last workout of the 3 week period. I'm really tired and looking forward to rest week. Today's weather was the best it's been all year. I went out and got away with arm/leg warmers and a vest rather than the full winter-get up. It was nice.

I did my traditional loop around the city culminating in a climb up Tramway and the fingers. The whole ride I kept thinking about brauts and how much I wanted to eat brauts. Perhaps because I didn't eat them during SuperBowl Sunday, my body was telling me I needed them. There isn't any sports nutrition book that will tell you it's a good idea to eat brauts, but it didn't matter. I wanted them!

I rode 3 hours for 50 miles with 3,500 feet of elevation gain. I ran across someone I knew while climbing Tramway, and he dropped me like it was a toddler. I kept thinking I was lagging due to fatigue, but I maintained a speed of 15MPH nearly the whole time. This guy was just fast. My intention was to do the fingers (sans La Luz) after Tramway, but I only made it half way to Menaul and I was done. Here's a map of my ride.



View Larger Map

When I got home, I made the kids (and my sister-in-law's kids) hot dogs for dinner and I rewarded myself with some good 'ol fashion Johnsonville Brauts, with diced onions and mustard. I had three, Tanya had one, and her sister had one.

Final week stats:
18 hours training
5:15 swimming for 13,900 yards
12:45 bike for 220 miles

Next week:
8.5 hours/ 3 swiming/ 5.5 bike

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

drhzeniHi Justin, I'm so proud of you I can hardly stand it! Your narrative, photos, and comments are excellent. It's so vivid, I alllllmost think I'm training with you. I'm glad to know you are getting some rest time along with all of this training. I look forward to seeing you and the family this weekend. Love, MoMo