Monday, February 11, 2008

Saturday



These were the kids for Ethan's birthday slumber party. There were 8 kids (not including ours) rather than 10. It was chaos. I was already tired and wanted to be in bed by 8:00 pm. That actually turned into 10:30. Our house sounded like an earthquake. But, all-in-all, Ethan had a good time.

I slept in a bit again and got to the pool at 7:30AM. The pool was full and I had to share the lane with some lady in a side lane. She wasn't excited about sharing a lane, and wouldn't even acknowledge me. A couple of times she pushed me into the wall. In most cases, I'd try settle up with her, but I just wasn't feeling it. I was so tired. I started out doing my workout, and just didn't have the umph. So I just settled for swimming laps at an recovery pace.

I was worried that I'd be dead on the bike as well. That really wasn't the case. I felt really strong and spent a lot of time pulling in the front. I contested the sprint and got 3rd which was nice. The ride last 4:30 and 75 miles. It wasn't quite the 5 hours I planned but I ran out of time. I picked up the kids at 2:00 while Tanya attended her sister-in-law's baby shower. I took Elise to/from a birthday party at the local roller skating rink. Ran some errands with the kids and spent a little time hanging out with my other brother visiting from Almogordo (Southern New Mexico).

It was a busy day.

No comments: