Thursday, February 21, 2008

It's Back!

Making another appearance at our house is the infamous chocolate cake. This time it's not a german chocolate but a triple chocolate candy bar cake. What's a man to do?

Monday was my first day back to training. I swam 4,000 yards in the AM before work. It was a good workout. At lunch time, I decided to give it a go and run for 30 minutes. I went to the company gym and there were two girls walking on both the treadmills--Walking! I waited for about 20 minutes doing core exercises hoping they'd vacate the treadmills. Nothing doing. So, with a bit of grumbling, I went outside and ran with shorts and a t-shirt. It was barely warm enough. Half way through my run my lower back started really hurting. I shrugged it off and ran anyway. After wards while working, I could hardly move. Not good!

Tuesday, in the morning I went to the chiropractor, which seemed to help. At lunch I did yoga, which also helped. When I came home I took some ibuprofin and did a tempo workout on the trainer. 2X20 minute sets with a heart rate at 165 or zone 4. It was tough but bareable.

Wednesday, I swam in the morning before work. I was worried my back would hurt but it was bad. Part of my workout was a mile swim TT. I was able to knock it out in 23 minutes. I'm getting faster! After work, I met my mom and Tanya at Mykonos Greek food. It was the first time my mom ate Greek she seemed to like; I know I did. I finished the dinner off with a white chocolate tiramisu.

Today, was a busy day at work. It's month end and I'm putting together budget to actual variance explanations for a meeting I have with some executives. It's been a bit stressful. At lunch, I broke away and ran on the treadmill. It's the first time since the PF Changs marathon that I felt good running. I almost pushed it past my planned 30 minutes, but chose discretion over valor and stuck with the plan. Running really felt good. After work, I jumped on the trainer and did my dreaded anerobic intervals. UGH! Talk about painful. 2 sets of 4X45 seconds all out with 3 minutes rest in between. It doesn't sound like much, but each set I hit a ~176 heart rate.

I need to get ready for swimming tomorrow. Have a good night.

No comments: