Thursday, January 3, 2008

Wednesday - Swim/Run

Today I swam 2,500 yards at lunch. The form is coming, and I was able start the kick turns again. After I get to a point that I can do kick turns throughout the swim interval, I'll start swimming with the Masters. I'm not too excited about getting up at 5:00 AM though.

The one thing that drives me nuts about swimming is I'm having breathing related anxiety attacks. I guess I'm used to breathing anytime while I bike or run. That doesn't translate while swimming. Once my heart rate goes up, the anxiety starts up. I'm hoping over time this will get better. I hope...

After work, I ran 7 miles on the treadmill. I spent the first half hour at a range between 7-8, then I backed it down to 6.5 the last half hour. It's been a few days since running, so I was feeling it. I've been having some issues with my left calf and right knee. I'm hoping taking a day of rest will make things a bit better.

I'm back at work and running the zombie schedule again. Everyone seems to be coming down with something in the house, so I'm hopped up on Vitaman C and Echenacia.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your anxiety is due to lack of techinique. I will volunteer to teach you a couple drills to make you stronger and more confortable in the water. Le Biche!!

Shannon said...

I thought you were a swimmer in high school. I should start swimming again, but it would have to be at 5 a.m., and I'm just not that dedicated.

I'm gearing up for a fall marathon. My fitness level has been fairly pathetic lately.

Have you tried Airborne? It's pretty good as a preventative measure against cold and flu stuff.