Saturday, January 26, 2008

Friday - Let the Weekend Begin!


This is me pre-facial hair!

I took Thursday off and did the taxes. Hopefully I won't have to file taxes in two different states for a long time!

Friday, started early with a 6:30AM swim. I swam 3,750 yards in an hour-and-a-half. Some Grey Panther lady jumped in my lane while I was in the middle of a set. We nearly butted heads, but I was able avoid the collision with my dolphin-like reflexes. Thank you Flipper!

Swimming is weird in that it makes your whole body tired rather than being sore in your shoulders. I spent the whole day exhausted from my swim. What's more, someone invited me to a 2 hour meeting discussing accounting capitalization policy--something akin to tax code or computer programming language. I'm not sure why I was invited and I wanted to leave the whole time. Thank goodness for mobile texting; I got someone to call me, and I acted like it was an important call and dashed out of room like the muffin man.

After work, I met Tanya and the kids at the gym. She did her classes, and I tried to run. I started with lots of stretching and using the foam roller to massage my IT band (Thanks Anon). Then I proceeded to fire up the treadmill. That lasted a whole 5 minutes. My left Hip Flexor is trashed, which throws my running gate off resulting in a right knee/IT band issues. I opted to walk for 30 minutes, because that didn't hurt. This was a tough thing to do because the lady on the treadmill next to me was pushing a 7 Min./Mile pace, and I wanted push the same pace. I wanted to fire it up, instead I'm doing the donkey trot to get the legs right. Sometimes, the spirit is willing but the body is weak! Random Lady, you take this round, but, next time, be ready!

I grabbed Elise from the childcare and we made an impromptu trip to Dairy Queen to hang out a bit. I've needed to spend some one-on-one time with Elise for awhile. I got the small chocolate lovers Blizzard and she got Brownie Sunday. She's a really good kid who has a lot of responsibility because she's the oldest. I know this responsibility being the oldest of 7 kids. She deals with the pressure better than I did as my siblings can attest.

The rest of the night was low-key. I got ready for tomorrow and iced my legs. The kids watched Napoleon Dynomite--Our goal as parents is simple: make sure each of our kids memorize Napoleon Dynomite word-for-word. If we do this, we've done our part.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

You have facial hair??